Winter Fun Planning Guide for Asheville, NC
Enjoying the Mountains of Western North Carolina all year long!
- Biltmore Estate
- Gingerbread House Competition
- Mountain Biking
- Craft Beer
- Being Prepared for Winter
Located an easy 30 minutes north of downtown Asheville along the scenic I-26 interstate, Wolf Ridge and the surrounding area provide great skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing. To make your ski vacation even better, Carolina Mornings rents 13 upscale cabins on the slopes of Wolf Ridge! Enjoy 70+ mile mountain views from the private hot tub on the back deck, unwind with a game of billiards or foosball, and stretch out after a great day of skiing in our large cabins which sleep between 6 and 12 each. Check out the Scenic Wolf cabin community for more info.
*Each reservation with Carolina Mornings receives one daily ski pass for Wolf Ridge, whether you stay on the slopes or in town! Click here for more info.
*Each reservation with Carolina Mornings receives one daily pass for the Biltmore Estate (Candlelight Tour not included). Click here for more info.
Gingerbread House Competition
Please also consider travel insurance, available when you make your reservation. Weather events happen and can prevent access to or from your rental. It's wise to consider your options and to understand the risks of declining protection for your travel investment.
- Keep warm clothes and jackets in your car, and dress in layers.
- Try to keep your gas tank more than half-way full (both for weight, and to keep the heater running in an emergency).
- If you have a 4WD or AWD vehicle as an option, bring it! If you have snow chains, bring them! If you have neither, keep an eye on the weather forecast.
- If a winter storm is forecast during you stay, make sure you have bottled water and some snacks on hand in case the power goes out. Don't go out in the storm.
- Plan to arrive in the daylight to your rental so you can learn the roads and home access.