Are you overpaying by 5% to 20% every time you travel?
Read below to learn how to put that money back into your pocket! (This is the info the "big guys” don’t want you to know.)
February 3rd is Guest Education Day!
What is #BookDirect?
Vacation Rentals have long been managed by either professional property managers, or independent owner-operators of individual properties. In recent years, there has been an exponential growth of listing and travel sites (such as AirBNB, VRBO, HomeAway, FlipKey, TripAdvisor, and others) who are inserting themselves between you - the guest - and us, the manager.
- They include a "Service Fee.” This is billed directly to you, the guest, on top of any rent amount that we may charge. Depending on the listing site (some try to hide it more than others), you can usually see it by clicking "View Details” when given a quote. This rate often runs between 5% and 15%! That’s your money you could be spending on vacation.
- They charge high (and ever-rising) listing fees or commissions for each listing. These commissions can range from 5% to 20%. Oftentimes, these high fees require the home to raise the rent to cover the extra cost - something none of us wants to do.
- The best price isn't on many of the listing sites. Often, they have rates that are only updated once a day, without reflecting special last-minute offers, or that have a higher price set to cover the cost of the listing. Let alone the service fee, you could be paying a "standard rate" instead of the special offers!
- Many of the best properties aren't even on the listing sites! Due to the high cost of listing, many properties that are doing well already don't bother listing on the sites at all. One resource notes that only 30% of homes in a popular market are actually listed on the "big sites" and apps. Instead of searching for "Asheville AirBNB," come to Carolina Mornings Cabins and Vacation Rentals first!
- You’ll have direct contact with us during the booking process. Online listing sites require property managers to only communicate with guests via their system, hiding direct contact information and removing links and/or other important information from messages. The reason is simple: if you want to save money and not pay the service fee, they’ll lose out on that money! They want to make sure you can only book through them, to ensure their profits stay up.
- You’re buying local! We live in Asheville and Western North Carolina. We know the in’s and out’s of the city, and we can help you find the perfect rental for your needs… but only if we can talk to you! No matter where you travel, whether to the mountains or the beach, you’ll find the best information from the local property managers.