New Years 2018-2019 in Asheville, NC
2018-2019 New Year Celebrations and Things To Do
Happy New Year!! 2018 has come and gone and we are officially approaching 2019. Starting fresh is one of the many ways to welcome in the new year, and we want to share with you different ways you can do that here in amazing Asheville, North Carolina.
Things To Do in or around Asheville, NC:
- Biltmore Estate: Biltmore Estate is open on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. See America's largest home decked out in festive finery! Restaurants are open (make dining reservations in advance). Also buy admission tickets in advance since those dates will probably sell-out. (EXCLUSIVE ONE FREE TICKET WHEN YOU STAY WITH US).
- Pack’s Tavern New Year’s Eve Buffet and Countdown in downtown Asheville with a buffet 6:30-9 PM ($60/person for buffet & party - reservations limited) and party 9 PM-1 AM ($10/person).
- The Orange Peel: Listen to the band River Whyless on December 31, 2018 at 9 PM. $25-$30. Ages 18+.
- ISIS Music Hall: Celebrate New Years Eve with Josh Shilling and Friends during their concert. $15 Advanmce/$20 Day of Show.
- The Grey Eagle: New Years Eve Party with Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band and Natural Born Leaders starting at 9 PM.
- Asheville Music Hall: Celebrate the new year at the 3rd Annual "Ball in the Hall" New Years Eve Party w/The Grass is Dead or celebrate with Ethan Heller & The Jam Fam. Both concerts start at 10 PM on December 31, 2018 and end at 2 AM on January 1, 2019.
- Jack of the Wood: Live music at a lively English pub, starting at 9 PM. 95 Patton Ave, downtown.
- Strada: Celebrate An Authentic Italian Tradition, Feast of the 7 Fishes, 4-11 PM on New Year's Eve. Open New Year's Day 4-9:30 PM. Downtown at 27 Broadway.
- Twisted Laurel: Heavy hor
d'oeuvres7-9 PM, followed by a party with live music 9-12:30, plus a champagne toast and breakfast buffet at midnight. $95/person. Call 828.552.3240 to reserve. 130 College St, downtown Asheville.
- Winter Lights at NC Arboretum: Stroll through the wonderland in the gardens. Open both New Year's Eve and New Year's nights. Read all about Winter Lights.
- New Year’s Polar Plunge: Take the plunge into chilly water at Lake Lure on January 1 and freeze for a reason – to support local charities. Read more about the Polar Plunge.
- Gray Line Trolley Tours: While waiting for the festivities to begin hop on and off the #1 trolley tour in Asheville. Learn about the history of Asheville, including scenic rides through historic districts and stops at the Omni Grove Park Inn. You can hop off the ride and look at all of the Gingerbread houses from around the world, then hop back on the trolley to experience the rest of Asheville, North Carolina.
Property Spotlight's for New Years
A Featured Dog-Friendly Property: One lucky dog per reservation stays for FREE at Eastern Sky!
Promise Keeper Cottage
Promise Keeper Cottage accommodates one person or a couple very comfortably with a queen-sized bed and an efficiency kitchen including a refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster oven, coffee maker, and electric skillet.
By: Wes Aulet