How to Spoil Your Best Friend (a.k.a. Your Dog) in Asheville
Doesn't your dog deserve to have a luxury vacation too? Here's a few of Fido's Asheville favorites.
1. Special Treats - Take your pup shopping downtown! Blaze-N-Skyy Pet Boutique & Wellness Center, just next to the Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville, is the place to shop for designer dogs who desire the latest trends in fashion and accessories. Less than a block away, Three Dog Bakery serves up delicious oven-baked treats for Fido and friends. Then visit the Funky Mutt on Lexington Avenue: your dog will literally be begging for more!
|Can I Please Get a Doggie Bag?|
2. Spa Day - Lather up with some peppermint shampoo at The Soapy Dog, an open-air self-grooming spot in the River Arts District with giant tubs, handy sprayers, and caring customer service. The Bed & Biscuit in Black Mountain offers a spa-like atmosphere for spoiled dogs - the boarding suites even feature the Animal Planet on a private TV! Or how about a pedicure (painted toenails!) and a massage at Denver's Doggie Day Spa?
3. Exercise - Take a riverside walk at Carrier Park! The whole park is dog-friendly with wide open fields, a playground, and 2.5 miles of paved paths. Plus there's a fenced-in area where dogs can run free that gives your pup a chance to mingle and make some friends.
|A Deck Your Dog Will Love|
4. Socialize - Kick back with a cold beverage at one of Asheville's dog-friendly outdoor bars. The Bywater on Riverside Drive offers a huge outdoor area with bring-your-own-food grills. Chill on a swing and enjoy a local brew while your dog frolicks in the river. The Wedge, a microbrewery in the River Arts District, is another popular outdoors hangout for pups and their humans. Also, plenty of Asheville bars have dog-friendly areas, like the Asheville Brewing Company, Highlands Brewery, and Westville Pub.
5. Relax - Stay at a pet-friendly Carolina Mornings vacation rental house! The perfect mountain vacation for your best friend includes a whole house to roam, a kitchen for homestyle begging, and a deck for catching some rays! With over forty pet friendly vacation rentals to choose from, Carolina Mornings has the hook up for your mountain cabin in Asheville. Call our Vacation Planners today to start planning a getaway for you and your pup!