Due to the unprecedented events of COVID-19, we have had to switch our guest services to email only. Please email us at "info (at) carolinamornings.com." We ask for your understanding and patience as we are being inundated with questions regarding the current situation. We will respond to all questions as soon as possible, but we are prioritizing guests with arrival dates in the near future first. We hope that you and your family are safe and well during this trying time!
Travel restrictions are now in effect across much of the state of North Carolina. You can find updated information from VisitNC here.
UPDATE 3/25/2020 at 3:25 PM:
Buncombe County (encompassing Asheville, Black Mountain, Weaverville, Leicester, and others) has declared a mandatory Stay At Home order in effect from 3/26/2020 at 8 pm to 4/9/2020 at 6 am barring all leisure travel to the area for stays less than 28 days in length. Guests currently in the area are permitted to stay, as are anyone traveling for work in fields deemed essential. If you are affected by this new development and need to cancel your travel plans, please see our "See You Soon!" policy below. If you are permitted to still travel to the area under this guidance, we look forward to hosting you during your stay. Full details of the declaration may be found here.
COVID-19 UPDATE FROM CAROLINA MORNINGS
Carolina Mornings is focused on making sure all of our guests, owners, and employees remain safe and healthy during this unpredictable time. We are committed to providing clean, updated, comfortable and safe vacation rentals in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
The recent outbreak of the COVID-19 virus is continuously evolving. Therefore, we have had to remain informed, flexible and responsive as the situation changes. We are continuously monitoring the announcements from the CDC, WHO, and the NC Department of Health, and are following the recommendations of these entities regarding our approach to business.
This webpage is updated regularly, but we also recommend you visit websites like The World Health Organization, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for the most updated information regarding travel.
If you are unable to continue your travel or feel unsafe doing so at this time, we have implemented a temporary new policy for those most affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. Please see below for details on our new "See You Soon! Policy."
MAY WE STILL USE OUR RESERVATION?
As long as there is no mandatory Shelter-In-Place ordered for our area, you may keep your original travel dates, or extend your stay if needed (please call our office at (844) 887-0930 to do so). Most of our rental homes are in secluded areas, provide full kitchens, many have game rooms, and provide a peaceful place to work from home or socially isolate. In addition, we are providing "Virtual Check-In" which allows you to bypass our office and drive directly to your rental with a key code. This limits your contact as you travel to enhance safety for everyone.
However, during this time, please be aware of the following changes to our standard operations, which are required for safety's sake:
- Please pack as much as you can at your home to prepare for your trip, including paper products, cooking supplies, food, etc. The more you bring from home, the less you will need to leave the property to shop (and therefore the less risk for everyone). Our rentals come with a starter supply of paper products, normally intended to "welcome you" to the rental and allow you to buy needed supplies at your leisure. Our area is facing the same shortages of paper products as other areas are, so we encourage all guests to bring what they will need for their stay.
- Our reservations staff is working temporarily reduced hours and are very busy helping guests who are unable to travel. Please allow a little extra time for us to respond to any questions.
- To keep you and our staff safe, our maintenance technicians will be unable to respond to any maintenance needs that are not deemed an emergency (for your safety or the safety of the home). If there are any maintenance needs while you're at the home, please still report them so that we may attend to them after your departure.
- Unless we hear from you indicating otherwise, we will assume that you are still planning to travel, and we look forward to hosting you in the mountains!
WHAT ARE CAROLINA MORNINGS HOUSEKEEPING STANDARDS DURING THIS TIME?
You and your family’s safety is always a top priority at Carolina Mornings. On top of our already high cleaning standards, we are following CDC guidelines to ensure you and your family are kept safe in our homes & cabins. During this time, our housekeepers are paying even more attention to high-traffic surfaces and taking the additional time needed to make sure our homes and cabins are extra-clean for your visit.
OUR "SEE YOU SOON!" POLICY
As part of our goal to remain flexible and work with our guests and owners, we have implemented a special and temporary COVID-19 policy called the "See You Soon! Policy." This policy reflects the unpredictable state of the pandemic and allows our guests to continue planning their vacations with peace of mind.
This temporary departure from our normal non-cancellation policy allows reservations arriving between now and April 30, 2020 that are unable or unwilling to travel to receive a credit in the full amount paid to Carolina Mornings (less any travel insurance that was purchased) to be used towards the same rental property as originally rented by December 20th, 2021.
This credit has the following terms:
- Your credit is the full amount paid to Carolina Mornings for your previous reservation, less any amount paid for travel insurance (if applicable). Special note: the credit will only apply towards funds received by Carolina Mornings. If you reserved through a 3rd party booking site (such as Airbnb or Vrbo), the amount Carolina Mornings receives may be different than what you paid (due to listing site service fees, commissions, etc).
- If your new reservation costs more than your credit, you will be responsible for paying any difference.
- When booking your next trip, any minimum number of nights required for your new dates will be required.
- There will be no refunds for partial redemption.
- All redemptions must be facilitated through our office and cannot be applied to online reservations. Please call or email us to redeem when you are ready.
- This credit is only good for the original property booked, and is subject to availability.
- This credit must be redeemed by 12/20/2021 or it will be forfeited.
- This credit may be used during the following months only, excluding any holidays: Jan, Feb, Mar, April, May, Sept, Nov, Dec.
- You must call to make your new reservation more than 24 hours in advance of the arrival date.
This temporary cancellation or suspension means that the payments you made will be held as a credit toward a future reservation in the same vacation rental for any available dates in the months listed above. If you still owe money on your vacation, that final payment will be charged 30 days before the new arrival.
If you opt to cancel your reservation entirely, our standard cancellation policy would apply.
For additional information, please contact Carolina Mornings directly at 855-398-0712 or email us at info (at) CarolinaMornings.com. During this time our phones are exceptionally busy, and we are working to respond to everyone as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience.
If my reservation is not eligible under the “See You Soon! Policy," am I covered by Travel Insurance?
If you are concerned about coverage for a specific scenario or need more information, please contact Generali Travel Insurance at (866) 999-4018 or visit their website. Generali has also created a new FAQ page dedicated to COVID-19, which you can see here. Please note that any questions about travel insurance coverage must be answered by Generali. (Generali was formerly known as CSA Travel Insurance and has changed its name.)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 IMPACTS
We sincerely hope that you and your family are safe during this trying time. Whether we're able to welcome you to the mountains now or in the (hopefully near) future, we ask that everyone do their part to help curb the spread of the pandemic. We look forward to when life gets back to normal for everyone.