Asheville, NC: Microbrew Mecca
Looking to try something new on your Asheville, NC vacation? The community has more than 50 local beers that you can try... on draft OR in bottles that you can enjoy in your Asheville cabins.
Thought your evening had to consist of the same boring beverages? Think again! Shake your normal night up with a trip to one of Asheville's six breweries... and there are two more on the way. Neighboring town Black Mountain also has one!
Visit these local breweries for great beer, local flavor and even free beer tastings.
- Green Man: Nicknamed "Dirty Jack's". Provides beer for the popular Celtic pub Jack of the Wood. The Green Man tasting room is open every day 4-9pm AND you can even order kegs of your favorite Green Man beers to take back to your cabins in Asheville, NC to share or keep for yourself!
- Highland Brewery: Asheville's first and largest brewery! The new tasting area is open every Friday from 4-8pm and tours are available every weekday at 4pm! Live music is also featured on Fridays. Recommended brews: Gaelic Ale and Oatmeal Porter
- Asheville Pizza and Brewing: The hopping Brew 'n' Pizza place offers one of a kind beers even a "Christmas Jam White Ale" for the holidays! Recommended brew: Shiva IPA and Ninja Porter
- French Broad Brewing Company: Small tasting room with a variety of live local music. French Broad Brewing prides their company with creating traditional European style beers with a flavor of Asheville. Recommended brews: Gateway Kolsch and 13 Rebels Extra Special Bitter.
- Pigsah Brewing Company: All beers here are certified organic! A unique mix of Western NC flair: a tasting room with live music, art gallery, game room, large outdoor space and, of course, a fully functional brewery. Located in Black Mountain, about 20 minutes from downtown Asheville, many locals consider this spot worth the drove. Recommended brews: Pigsah Pale and Endless Summer Golden Ale.
- Wedge Brewing Company: Hosts a bar and tasting room in the quaint location, which even includes an old loading dock and patio. Recommended brews: Payne's Pale and Golem Belgian Ale.
- OysterHouse Brewing: Located inside the Lobster Trap restaurant, the brewery is a hit with seafood and beer lovers alike. The oysters are used in the brewing (i.e. the name) and present the beer with a slightly salty flavor. Recommended brew: Oyster Stout.
Need more proof? Asheville was recently named the East Coast's "Beer City USA" by Examiner. Pretty impressive if you ask me!
While you enjoy your brewski tour across the map of Western, NC, stay at a Carolina Mornings Asheville mountain vacation rental. The perfect place to enjoy the mountain air, the crisp temperature and a perfectly chilled, local Asheville beer!