Top 10 Brunch Spots in Asheville, North Carolina
Early morning, Asheville: the question isn't should we go to brunch, but where should we go for brunch? With so many wonderful options, it's hard to narrow it down. While this list isn't close to including all the fantastic brunch spots in Asheville, it is ten of the best. From inexpensive to high-end, brunch in Asheville is a tasty treat!
1. One Stop Deli weekend brunch highlights are live bluegrass music, the fried chicken and waffle plate, and a Bloody Mary bar. It's the kind of place where you can get loud and clap along to the band, and where kids (and adults) are allowed and encouraged to dance beside the table.
2. Early Girl Eatery is extremely popular with visitors and locals alike - there will be a wait, but it is worth it! Located on Wall Street downtown, this restaurant focuses on Southern style farm-to-table dining. The menu is filled with local ingredients in everything from their Sausage and Sweet Potato Scramble to the Vegan Tofu Scramble.
3. Over Easy Cafe is another downtown favorite. Sure, the establishment is tiny, so there will likely will be a line outside, but this will give you the opportunity to get menu suggestions from the locals that come week after week for their Huevos Rancheros, their freshly squeezed juices and smoothies, and their Southern hospitality. Our suggestion- try the lavender french toast - unique and tasty!
4. Located in the historic Montford area, just north of downtown, Tod's Tasties is a favorite that's a bit off the beaten path. This cafe offers outdoor and indoor seating and a menu with delicious options like their filling breakfast bowls. Tod makes all of the bread, buns, biscuits, bagels, and pastries with NC-produced organic flours, plus their produce is sourced locally when possible. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, and you can usually find artwork by Asheville artists for sale on the walls.
5. Limones (which means "lemons" in Spanish) is an upscale Cal-Mex restaurant. Their weekend- only brunches offer options you rarely find on any menu, such as Goat Cheese & Crab Empanadas and Chilaquiles, a traditional Mexican breakfast plate which most closely resembles a tortilla casserole. When dining at Limones, make sure to save room for hot chocolate and churros. Reservations are strongly recommended.
Stay close to the downtown brunch scene with Carolina Mornings. Close to everything, Studio Lex is a modern and luxurious loft that will allow you to step out your front door and right into the center of Asheville's exciting downtown scene.
Bountiful Biltmore Brunch Buffet
6.When you stay with Carolina Mornings, you'll receive our complimentary Mountain Discovery Pass, which gives you one ski lift ticket at Scenic Wolf and one ticket to the Biltmore Estate per night of your stay. Make the most of your visit and start your Sunday visit to the estate at the Biltmore Estate's Deerpark Restaurant. Their wonderful "Taste of the South" buffet brunch includes delicacies like Moonshine Cured & Smoked Salmon, "Pain Perdu" (New Orleans Style French Toast with orange-espresso Creole cream cheese), and Hand Carved Prime Rib. Reservations strongly suggested.
Say "Yum!" in West Asheville
7. Sunny Point Cafe in West Asheville is so popular that you can expect to wait outside for a bit - because it's 100% delicious! Once seated, you can create the omelette of your dreams with their build-your-own-omelette, or try a southern favorite, shrimp and grits. Whatever you choose, you can rest assured that it will be yummy!
8. Also in West Asheville is the newest restaurant on this list, Biscuit Head. They specialize in, you guessed it, biscuits. This restaurant takes a new approach to a southern traditional food, including huge biscuits topped with anything from brisket to fried catfish. They also offer plenty of options for vegetarians - including a black-eyed pea biscuit and veggie gravy and biscuits.
Staying at City Retreat, you will be close to the restaurants and shops of hip West Asheville, and only minutes from downtown and the Biltmore Estate. The great 3-bedroom, 3-bath home is stylish and contemporary and has amazing views.
Wonderful Weaverville Brunches
9. Stoney Knob Cafe has been around since the '60s and there's a menu full of tempting reasons for that. Their brunch has many traditional breakfast dishes and, as a nod to its original owners, some great Greek options like spanakopita, hummus, and gyro plates.
10. Last but definitely not least, the Creperie of Weaverville is a quaint cafe on Main Street in Weaverville. Expect amazing savory and sweet crepes, affordable prices, and friendly staff members. They also have a full espresso bar.
Tree Tops is a beautiful vacation rental in Weaverville. Spacious and private, this 3-bedroom, 2-bath home has a pool, a hot tub, and even a massage table. It has a wonderful kitchen and a great deck to enjoy a meal. It is set on two acres and a perfect option for those looking to get away from it all and enjoy the good life.
By: Carmen Ybarra