Part V: Northbound, ho! On the French Broad River
Posted On Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Gather the family and hop afloat for FREE at French Broad Rafting Expeditions on one of the two northbound rivers in the United States: the French Broad River! While relaxing in one of our beautiful mountain retreats, Carolina Mornings gives you one free adult pass for a family adventure- rafting on the French Broad River!!
Here is some info from the French Broad Rafting Expedition website:
- The French Broad River got its name because the river flowed north toward French owned land and because the river is so broad (wide).
- The main stem of the French Broad River is in Rosman, North Carolina.
- The French Broad River is one of two rivers that flows North in the United States.
- The French Broad River flows 210 miles through Asheville, North Carolina, then north to Tennessee and into the Mississippi River and then into the Gulf of Mexico.
- The French Broad River is a free flowing river that includes plenty of small mouth bass and catfish which makes for a great day of fishing.
- The French Broad River is one of the oldest rivers with the Nile and New river predating the French Broad.
The trips upriver are offered 7 days a week anytime March through October.
This is only one of the perks you get from Carolina Mornings for your visit to Asheville, NC. Besides beautiful accommodations (complete with hot tubs and fireplaces to warm you for times like your post-rafting experience) and the Mountain Discovery Pass, Carolina Mornings has a plethora of other specials and offers!! Whatever vacation home fits your family, there are options for you!!